FPGA Customization with GNU Radio and RFNOC Hands-On Workshop at GRCON 2019
September 18, 2019
9:30 AM – 12:00 PM
Huntsville Marriott at the Space & Rocket Center
5 Tranquility Base
Huntsville, Alabama United States
This hands-on session at GNU Radio Conference 2019 is a 4-hour session where attendees will get an introductory overview to the powerful RF Network on Chip (RFNOC) Framework from NI / Ettus Research. Attendees will gain hands on experience using the high-performance NI USRP X310 with the flexible open FPGA RFNoC framework. The RFNoC framework is designed to decrease the development time for experienced FPGA engineers seeking to integrate IP into the USRP FPGA signal processing chain.
Gain a solid foundation and practical understanding of how to configure, program, and use the USRP to implement a wide range of wireless applications.
- Overview of the design and capabilities
- Implementing a user defined RFNoC block
- Integrating the RFNoC block into UHD and invoking it from C++
- Integrating the RFNoC block into GNU Radio and invoking it from a flowgraph
- Sending command and receiving response packets between RFNoC blocks
- Test benches
- Linux OS operation, C/C++, Python, Basic DSP & RF experience, Familiarity with Verilog
What to bring:
- All necessary hardware and software will be provided in the workshop.
- Attendees may bring their own equipment contact firstname.lastname@example.org for specific setup requirements.