The IEEE ComSoc Summer School is designed to help kick-start the careers of new professionals, Ph.D. candidates, and researchers in wireless communications.
The 5th Edition will be held on 16th-19th July 2019 at National Instruments Corporation, Austin, Texas.
It consists of lectures by world-leading professors, industry leaders, and executives.
The event features a highly interactive classroom environment with an intense focus on learning the cutting-edge trends in communications technology, as well as laboratory tours, demonstrations, hands-on workshops, poster presentations, and networking activities.
During an intensive 4-day program, a select group of 35 students will:
- Network with technical experts and business executives
- Collaborate with like-minded engineers
- Experience lectures by international communications technology experts
- Visit world-leading wireless laboratories
- Engage in varied learning opportunities including case studies, tutorials, and hands-on experiences
Focus areas for the 2019 summer school include:
- Prototyping 5G NR and other next-generation communication algorithms
- Gathering real-world data by building wireless testbeds and how to fund them
- Software-defined networking (SDN)
- New technologies changing the wireless landscape, including Massive MIMO and mmWave
- Next generation wireless in vertical application areas including Automotive V2X, Aerospace, and Security
Lunch and refreshments will be made available free of charge throughout the day.
A detailed program and agenda will be available soon.